Skip to main content

My Trip to Maguri Beel

Connection with the supreme being, yes that is just what I felt at this beel on the outskirts of the Dibru Saikhowa National Park, one of the 15 biosphere reserves of the country.

Accompanied by our Tinsukia Bureau members, Bikash Moran, Bijoy and Pramod I set out on the most enthralling boat ride of my life with the best guide possible-Joinal Abedin, the predator turned protector of wildlife. Babblers, migratory ducks, wild buffaloes, vultures of various sizes, I was simply stunned speechless by the huge variety of flora and fauna.

And it happened when we were in the middle of nowhere, away from civilisation, silently rowing towards a flock of wigeons, gerbe and gadwalls when they took off at the same time....it was just heavenly, the sight as well as the sound! The birds splashed droplets of water all around when they flew off, their wings flapping in a rhythm and formation that seemed so wel orchestrated. Somebody up there proves his creativiy through nature and this was a perfect example of his genius, his artistry! I had never imagined that I will feel a connection with them, with the surroundings and with the Supreme power like that. I silently thanked God for taking me there...for rekindling the relationship I shared with him till my brother was alive. Actually I had become a bit of a non believer in God. I thought that only weaklings thought there was somebody up there who made everything happen.

Godji...I really love you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Complications 'acche hotey hain'!

Life hurls these weird complications at you sometimes, when feel trapped, between the devil and the deep blue sea. Thats when you need to take a leap of faith! And thats when you realise if those whom you have depended upon, catch you or just watch you drop into the abyss. And that is why sometimes, complications 'acche hotey hain'  That is one helluva silver lining, I tell you!

Mother.....

Well I am a reporter in a news channel. We are often sent on specific assignments to cover certain events which sometimes turn out to be enlightening sometimes dissapointing and sometimes leave a deep impact on us. Well the only assignment which had my name against it today was 'Foundation stone unveiling ceremony' of the 'Vivanta', our very own Taj at Khanapara, Guwahati, by our CM, alongwith Ratan Tata and a host of other dignitaries. After having covered the event, I came back to office and sat in front of a machine with the sole intention of playing 'Farmville' on facebook. But that was not to be as I had hardly logged in that Parag Da, our Political Editor asked me to take a camera and rush to the Assam Enginering College where Ratan Tata was scheduled to attend another function. I admire Parag Da for his efficiency, wealth of knowledge and managing skills. He asked me to reach the Jalukbari Campus within 20 minutes...Ahem...20 minutes! He expe...

HYD!

I wish i could take you to that place in jubilee hills whr we used to spend all our winters! The mess...the cricket...the rangolis...the fruit juice and the dosa and the new year eve parties wid the attendants of patients admitted thr! The trips to charminar market, buying trinkets and junk jewellery...the colourful bangles! The 'sewaiyya', the smell of preparations for iftar! Pehir ghr at Banjara hills and the drives with peha, looking for ice cream at night, after dinner. The ride in peha's Cielo was what i cherished more thn the ice cream! Secundrabad station, vijaywada...that pungent smell typical to trains! Tarmarind rice at Balasore...the amazingly huge chilka lake, poorie sabjee at kharagpur...travelling second class on the return journey upto howrah, every year. Mom's idea, she loves second class and has handed that down to me! I love hyderabad and all the memories associated with our journeys to that city! Everything, from the museums to the parks and the hospi...